Security and Safety | News
iboss Network Security Introduces MobileEther
iboss Network Security has introduced MobileEther, a mobile security solution that combines traditional MDM (such as data loss prevention) with Web and mobile malware protection, reporting and directory-based user authentication.
MobileEther ensures that mobile devices adhere to CIPA, HIPAA, PCI and FISMA regulations, among others, along with acceptable use policies. It offers the following features:
- HTTP/S Web filtering with flexible user access and directory integration;
- traffic scanning and identification of embedded threats (including malware and botnets);
- identification and securing of unencrypted, sensitive data transmissions;
- signature- and heuristic-based intrusion prevention and detection; and
- cloud-based email security scans to detect viruses and malware and protect against data loss and DoS attacks.
Christopher Piehler is editor in chief of THE Journal.