STS Updates SumTotal
01.22.2007—SumTotal Systems has released version 7.5 of its flagship training, learning, and management solution, SumTotal. The new release is available now.
SumTotal is a suite of tools that includes functionality for learning management, performance management, collaboration and other functions. Targeted toward training applications (primarily for staff training), it also incorporates electronic commerce features.
Individual elements of the SumTotal platform include:
- TotalLMS, a learning management system that includes e-learning, reporting, certification management, and compliance tracking;
- TotalPerformance, a performance management system with reporting and analytics;
- TotalVersioning, which is designed for managing multiple versions of learning activities;
- TotalLCMS for Web-based training;
- TotalVCS for real-time communications and collaboration;
- TotalInformation, which allows users to add non-course-specific content to the learning process;
- TotalAccess, which provides download capabilities for courses;
- TotalCollaboration, which provides threaded discussions and instant messaging; and
- TotalDashboard, an analytics tool.
It also provides various other support modules.
The latest 7.5 release of SumTotal expands the platform beyond internal training to the extended enterprise of organizations. It adds new e-commerce features; provides support for learning tools in multiple languages; and new tools for analyzing the success of those involved in the training.
SumTotal 7.5 is available now. For more information, visit the link below.
About the author: Dave Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's educational technology online publications and electronic newsletters. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Have any additional questions? Want to share your story? Want to pass along a news tip? Contact Dave Nagel, executive editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Producer David Nagel heads up the editorial department for 1105 Media's education publications — which include two daily sites, a variety of newsletters and two monthly digital magazines covering technology in both K-12 and higher education.
A 21-year publishing veteran, Nagel has led or contributed to dozens of technology, art and business publications.
He can be reached at email@example.com. You can also connect with him on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/profile/view?id=10390192 or follow him on Twitter at @THEJournalDave (K-12) or @CampusTechDave (higher education). A selection of David Nagel's articles can be found on this site.