NSBA Names '20 To Watch' in Ed Tech
The National School Boards Association this week released its second-annual list of "20 to Watch"--a compilation of 20 innovators in the field of education technology. This year's list encompasses a broad range of ed tech professionals, from district technology personnel to university researchers to technology and learning providers.
"These educators are the thought leaders of tomorrow. Their natural curiosity allows them to explore the potential of new tools and more importantly, excite and inspire others to follow their lead," said Ann Flynn, director of education technology for NSBA, in a statement released this week. "We had many great nominees who are not afraid to question, redefine, and transform education." NSBA is an association representing about 95,000 school board members in the United States.
This year's list includes:
- Christopher Brown, District Technology Coordinator, Avoca School District #37, Illinois
- Jon Carl, Social Studies Teacher, Evansville-Vanderburgh School Corporation, Indiana
- Jana Craig Hare, Associate Director, ALTEC-Center for Research on Learning, University of Kansas, Kansas
- Heather Cruz, Assistant Superintendent for Educational Services, Litchfield Elementary School District #79, Arizona
- Travis East, Technology Education Teacher, Nineveh-Hensley-Jackson United School Corporation, Indiana
- Matt Federoff, Director of Technology, Vail School District, Arizona
- Karl Fisch, Director of Technology, Arapahoe High School, Centennial, Colorado
- Janene K. Gorham, Instructional Technology Coordinator, Virginia Beach City Public Schools, Virginia
- Laurie King, Technology Coordinator, Dysart Unified School District, Arizona
- Debby Martin, Business Teacher, Hampton City Schools, Virginia
- Scott McLeod, Director, CASTLE, Iowa State University, Iowa
- Terry Pilitzer, Supervisor of Technology, Keyport Public Schools, New Jersey
- Erin E. Reilly, Co-founder, Platform Shoes Forum, Maine
- Derek S. Roh, Director of IT Services, Baldwin County Board of Education, Alabama
- John Rose, Instructor, Department Chair, Moreno Valley Unified School District, California
- David Sevier, Founder, The Open Source Teaching Project (OST), Tennessee
- Gary Stager, Executive Director, Constructivist Consortium, California
- Ronald P. Walker, Superintendent, Geary County USD 475, Kansas
- Shawn Wheeler, Director of Technology Services and Training, Peoria Unified School District, Arizona
- Todd Whitlock, Technology Coordinator, North Daviess Community Schools, Indiana
Further information about each individual named on the "20 to Watch" list can be found at the link below.
READ MORE DAILY NEWS
About the author: David Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's online education technology publications, including THE Journal and Campus Technology. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals for articles and tips for news stories, as well as questions and comments about this publication, should be submitted to David Nagel, executive editor, at email@example.com.
Executive Producer David Nagel heads up the editorial department for 1105 Media's education publications — which include two daily sites, a variety of newsletters and two monthly digital magazines covering technology in both K-12 and higher education.
A 21-year publishing veteran, Nagel has led or contributed to dozens of technology, art and business publications.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with him on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/profile/view?id=10390192 or follow him on Twitter at @THEJournalDave (K-12) or @CampusTechDave (higher education). A selection of David Nagel's articles can be found on this site.