Vivitek Ships 5,500-Lumen Installation Projector
Vivitek has begun shipping a new dual-lamp, single-chip DLP projector designed for large-venue installations. Vivitek said it's the first in the company's lineup designed for long-term installation in lecture halls, auditoriums, and similar facilities.
The new model, the D5500, uses a six-segment, 0.65-inch DDP2230 chip and offers an XGA resolution (1,024 x 768), a contrast ratio of 2,500:1 (on/off), and a brightness of 5,500 ANSI lumens.
Other features include:
- Power zoom (manual focus);
- Two 3 watt speakers (and a stereo minijack);
- Optional lenses, including a fixed short zoom lens, short-throw zoom lens, long zoom lens, and ultra-long zoom lens;
- A lamp life of 4,000 hours in economy mode; and
- ±40 degree vertical keystone correction and ±35 degree horizontal keystone correction (digital).
Video inputs include DVI-D, VGA, component (YpbPr), BNC, S-video, and composite. It also includes RS-232C, USB and RJ-45 ports for input and output.
The D5500 measures 19.9" x 15.15" x 7.6" and weighs in at 57.2 pounds. It's available now for $5,999. Further information can be found here.