AV & Presentation | News
Snap! by Lectora Adds Video Tools, Snap! Empower Integration
Trivantis has released a new version of Snap! by Lectora, which lets instructors convert resources from PowerPoint to Flash.
Snap! by Lectora lets users publish presentations to a variety of venues, including the Web, learning management systems, Snap! Live, a CD, or CourseMill. Materials can also be shared via social media.
New features include:
- Integrating Flash interactions from Snap! Empower into Snap! by Lectora presentations;
- Including YouTube videos in presentations;
- Putting video narrations in PowerPoint slides and the ability to relocate and resize videos within presentations;
- Tapping websites or offline files;
- Making changes to multiple slides simultaneously; and
- Changing fonts for quizzes and surveys.
The release of Snap! By Lectora comes on the heels of Trivantis' unveiling of Snap! Empower, a new Flash animation builder that includes hundreds of templates and dozens of pre-built animations. It also provides the option of creating customizable resources from scratch, including photos, audio, video, animations, interactions, and timing.
The company is presenting version 1.2 of Snap! By Lectora at the DevLearn 2011 Conference and Expo, hosted by the eLearning Guild, November 2-4 in Las Vegas, NV. Trivantis is at table number 408.
The cost of Snap! by Lectora 1.2 is $99.
For more information, visit snapbylectora.com. To sign up for a free trial, go to snapbylectora.com/free-trial.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and followed on Twitter @editortim.