FETC 2012 | Briefs
Brief: Students in the Know Present Bullying Academy at FETC
Students in the Know Foundation will be demonstrating the Bullying Academy, an interactive online program designed to teach students in grades 4-8 about the dangers of bullying, at the Florida Education Technology Conference (FETC) in Orlando this week.
The Bullying Academy is designed to teach students:
- The characteristics of both bullies and victims;
- The short- and long-term effects on victims and bullies;
- Developing effective communication;
- How to respond to and report bullying; and
- How to avoid violence when responding to bullying.
Founder Tommy Walser will present the program in FETC booth 1062 through January 26.
Joshua Bolkan is the multimedia editor for Campus Technology and THE Journal. He can be reached at email@example.com.