Student Information Systems | News
Follett Adds Mobile Features to Aspen SIS
Follett will release a new version of Aspen, its student information system (SIS), with new mobile features.
Slated for release in October and dubbed Aspen 5.0, the new version is accessible via any device with Internet acces. Features new to this version include:
- The ability to take attendance, find out where a student is during any period, or determine if a student is on campus from any smartphone or tablet;
- The ability for students to see, via mobile device, assignment details, grades, and averages;
- A to-do list for students;
- Mobile access to staff or student search for administrators; and
- The ability for parents to check their child's progress or other academic information remotely.
"Aspen Mobile gives teachers a tool that allows them to systematically monitor and assess their students on any web-enabled device," said Josh Murphy, director of student information at Burlington Public Schools, in a prepared statement. "And, in a world where many students are walking into schools with smartphones and schools are moving toward BYOD, Aspen Mobile and its responsive design provides all students with an efficient, eloquent medium for evaluating their progress."
For more information about the Aspen SIS, visit follettsoftware.com.
Joshua Bolkan is the multimedia editor for Campus Technology and THE Journal. He can be reached at email@example.com.