LMS | News
Lectora Launches Hosted LMS Designed for Rapid Deployment
E-Learning provider Lectora has released Lectora Express, a new hosted learning management system.
Lectora Express is a cloud-based LMS offering simplified setup and configuration. According to Lectora Chief Marketing Officer Peter Bray, the new LMS can be set up "in minutes — without the help of any IT experts."
- SCORM 1.2 support;
- Support for AICC content packages;
- Support for HTML packaged content;
- Integration with Lectora, Snap!, Snap! Empower, and Flypaper;
- Compatibility with a range of file types, including doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .rtf, .txt, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, and and .swf;
- Content rating;
- Private and public file sharing;
- Customization (for branding);
- Social networking integration; and
- Various reporting tools.
Lectora Express is available now through a monthly subscription.
Further information about the new LMS can be found at lectora.com/online-lms-system-lectora-express.
Executive Producer David Nagel heads up the editorial department for 1105 Media's education publications — which include two daily sites, a variety of newsletters and two monthly digital magazines covering technology in both K-12 and higher education.
A 21-year publishing veteran, Nagel has led or contributed to dozens of technology, art and business publications.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with him on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/profile/view?id=10390192 or follow him on Twitter at @THEJournalDave (K-12) or @CampusTechDave (higher education). A selection of David Nagel's articles can be found on this site.