LMS | News
Moodle Looks for QA Testers for Release 2.6
Moodle is looking for quality assurance testers as developers gear up to release version 2.6 next month.
Moodle 2.6 is expected to be released in November, and, according to Moodle's Helen Foster, the developers are looking for a 100 percent pass rate on all tests within the next few weeks.
The latest release of the open source learning management system will include a range of new features, including workflow improvements, new integration with third-party tools, and additional administrator tools.
Some of the new features include:
- The ability to create new courses in batches;
- New single-activity courses;
- A collapsible TinyMCE editor;
- The ability to access files from Microsoft's SkyDrive;
- The ability to annotate PDFs in the browser;
- Improvements to grading and quizzes; and
- General improvements in the area of course management
A total of 462 tests are being conducted on the forthcoming release.
Those interested in joining the Moodle 2.6 QA group should visit Moodle's QA Testing page for details on signing up.