Professional Development | ISTE 2014 Coverage
Discovery Educator Network Kicking Off Free Summer PD Resources
This August Discovery Educator Network is hosting free professional development resources for K-12 educators.
Through the DEN Summer School program, educators will be able to access new resources each weekday covering "new digital tools and resources educators can use to create authentic, engaging digital learning environments for students." Resources include:
- Mondays: Weekly Spotlight on Strategies series, plus free webinars exploring topics covered in the series in greater depth;
- Tuesdays: Presentations highlighting new DEN features and providing advice on making the most of those resources;
- Wednesdays: Focus on community and peer networking;
- Thursdays: Highlights from archived professional development events;
- Fridays: Digital Challenge days, focused on teaching educators how to build "effective learning experiences for students."
The free program will run through August and is open to all educators. Additional details can be found at discoveryeducation.com.
Executive Producer David Nagel heads up the editorial department for 1105 Media's education publications — which include two daily sites, a variety of newsletters and two monthly digital magazines covering technology in both K-12 and higher education.
A 21-year publishing veteran, Nagel has led or contributed to dozens of technology, art and business publications.
He can be reached at email@example.com. You can also connect with him on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/profile/view?id=10390192 or follow him on Twitter at @THEJournalDave (K-12) or @CampusTechDave (higher education). A selection of David Nagel's articles can be found on this site.