AV & Presentation | News
Epson To Ship 10,000-Lumen LCD Projectors
Epson has introduced five new models in its PowerLite Pro Z line of LCD-based installation projectors, including two with brightness ratings of 10,000 lumens.
Included in the new lineup are the 7,000-lumen PowerLite Pro Z8450WUNL and Z8455WUNL, which offer a native resolution of 1,920 x 1,200 (WUXGA). The two are identical except for their exterior color (white and black, respectively). At 8,500 lumens, the Z8350WNL (white) offers a native resolution of 1,200 x 800 (WXGA). And the 10,000-lumen Z8250NL (white) and Z8255NL (black) offer a native resolution of 1,024 x 768 (XGA). The contrast ratio on all of the new models is 5,000:1.
Other features of the new projectors include:
- Network connectivity for presentation, monitoring, and management, with optional wireless connectivity;
- Split screen for projection from multiple devices;
- Edge blending support for combining multiple projectors to create a single continuous image;
- Message broadcasting;
- ±70 percent vertical lens shift and ±20 percent horizontal lens shift for the Z8450WUNL, Z8455WUNL, and Z8350WNL and ±56 percent vertical and ±6 percent horizontal lens shift on the Z8250NL and Z8255NL;
- DICOM simulation mode;
- Liquid cooling;
- Projected image size of 60 inches to 500 inches (diagonal);
- Advanced image correction tools, including Arc for correcting barreling and arching on individual sides of an image;
- Six integrated test patterns;
- 3,500-hour lamp life (in economy mode); and
- Schedule and memory functions.
AV inputs include dual HDMI, 5BNC, RGB (mini D-sub 15-pin), S-video, and composite video. The Z8450WUNL and Z8455WUNL also offer HD-SDI inputs. A single monitor-out port is also provided (mini D-sub 15-pin). Networking and control ports include LAN (RJ-45), optional 802.11b/g/n wireless, RS-232, USB Type A, and USB Type B.
Six optional lenses will be offered for the new models.
The 7,000-lumen PowerLite Pro Z8450WUINL and Z8455WUNL are expected to ship in February; the 8,500-lumen Z8350WNL will be available in May; and the 10,000-lumen Z8250NL and Z8255NL will ship in April. Additional details can be found on Epson's projector portal.