AV & Presentation | InfoComm 2013 News
TurningPoint Polling Software Gets Dashboards, Enhanced Mac Support
Turning Technologies has released an update to TurningPoint, the company's classroom polling tool. With the new version, Turning has consolidated three of its polling tools into one and added enhanced support for OS X.
TurningPoint had been a plugin that added live polling capabilities to Microsoft PowerPoint using student response devices (classroom clickers). With the latest release, however, the functionality has been expanded. TurningPoint now has the ability to bring real-time assessments and reporting capabilities to any application across both Windows and OS X systems.
"TurningPoint is the first and only cross-platform solution to offer direct PowerPoint integration for both PC and Mac with the same user experience," according to Turning Tech. "Available in install and no-install versions for both PC and Mac, the newest version of TurningPoint creates a versatile solution for assessment delivery and data collection in any environment."
Other new features include:
- Dashboards for managing polls, reports, sessions, participants, and content;
- New customizable reports with the ability to export to CSV, PDF, and Excel spreadsheet formats;
- An HTML editor with support for question lists and images;
- The ability to share polls;
- The ability to import and export participant lists;
- A tool for managing data from specific sessions; and
- Integration with popular learning management systems.
The latest release of TurningPoint is available now. It requires OS X 10.5 or newer or Windows XP or newer. Additional details, including further system requirements, can be found on the TurningPoint portal.