Remote Desktops | News
AccessToGo 2.0 RDP Client Optimized for Mobile Devices
Ericom Software has released Ericom AccessToGo 2.0, a remote desktop protocol (RDP) client that provides secure access Windows applications, desktops, virtual desktops (VDI), and Windows terminal servers from a mobile device.
In version 2.0, Ericom has made AccessToGo easier to use on mobile devices, according to the company. The RDP client's new display technology automatically optimizes the resolution of the remote desktop display to make it easier for people to select Windows objects such as the Start menu or icons on touch displays without zooming in or panning.
Ericom has also improved the AccessToGo user interface, and it now features an "icon-based, modern UI with a refined, light look and feel for easier, more intuitive navigation and improved performance," according to the company. The redesign also means that it doesn't consume as much memory on mobile devices as the previous version.
Other key features of Ericom AccessToGo 2.0 include:
- Redesigned PC keyboard that is intended to provide a more native desktop-like experience;
- Faster connections school resources using Ericom's connection broker for VDI and RDS - PowerTerm WebConnect;
- Faster and smoother session reconnection after the AccessToGo app is sent to the background, such as when a call comes in;
- Mouse pointer shape that changes according to context in floating pointer and touch pointer modes;
- Three-finger tap gesture to open and close the virtual keyboard; and
- Option to show or hide the operating system notification bar.
AccessToGo is currently available through the Apple App Store, Google Play, Chrome Web Store, Amazon Appstore, and BlackBerry App World.
Further information about Ericom AccessToGo can be found on Ericom's site.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.