Audio | News
Califone Unveils Wireless Headphones for K-12
Califone has unveiled a set of rechargeable wireless headphones designed for use in the classroom.
The 901 Wireless Headphone features a 3.5 millimeter transmitter jack to listen to a computer, tablet or other mobile device. Other features include:
- Eight to 10 hours of use after each two-three hour charge;
- A cord for optional wired listening;
- FM radio reception;
- The ability to listen to SD cards;
- The ability to plug a traditional headphone into the 901 for a second listener; and
- The ability for any number of listeners to hear audio from a single transmitter within the device's 20-foot radius.
"Teachers have expressed a need for greater student flexibility and range than traditional wired headphones to access learning materials," said Tim Ridgway, vice president of marketing for Califone. "The 901 Wireless Headphone allows a 20' wireless listening range. It also enables multiple users to listen to one device with a single transmitter, giving educators the ability to group students with like abilities for a smaller differentiated learning community with the learning resources they need to succeed."
Joshua Bolkan is the multimedia editor for Campus Technology and THE Journal. He can be reached at email@example.com.