Sesame Street AR App Launches
Weyo has announced the Sesame Street Yourself app, which is designed for preschoolers in a collaboration with Sesame Workshop.
The augmented reality app recognizes children's facial expressions and motions and allows them to transform into their favorite Sesame Street characters in both 2D and 3D.
The free app's games and features include:
- Play and Imagine: Mini-games and interactions offer active playtime for the whole family—up to three players at once—where children can play and sing-along with their favorite Sesame Street friends.
- Dress Up Fun: Allows children to get creative as they become a ready-to-accessorize Sesame Street character. Once transformed into the character of their choice, kids can try on crazy costumes, hats, glasses and mustache styles.
- Sing and Play: Kids can sing their favorite Sesame Street songs and star in their own music videos as a Sesame Street character.
- Watch Videos: Each interactive song is also viewable within the app as a complete video.
- Bake with Cookie Monster: With Apple's latest rear-facing AR technology, Sesame Street Yourself brings Cookie Monster into living rooms everywhere. Find the ingredients hidden around the room to help Cookie Monster bake a cake.
The app available to download for free on the Apple App Store.
Sara Friedman is a reporter/producer for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe covering education policy and a wide range of other public-sector IT topics.
Friedman is a graduate of Ithaca College, where she studied journalism, politics and international communications.
Friedman can be contacted at email@example.com or follow her on Twitter @SaraEFriedman.
Click here for previous articles by Friedman.