Learning and Safety: Balancing Engaging Education and Online Student Safety in School
Today’s schools face a daunting challenge: How to open the learning environment so students and teachers can use Web 2.0 tools without compromising user safety or network security. Access to these tools can bring great educational advantages, but can also open up users and resources to safety and security concerns. Finding common ground that students, teachers, administrators, and IT directors agree on can be difficult.
Get a blueprint for achieving balance between safety and learning in this free, one hour webcast sponsored by Lightspeed Systems. Tune in to hear experts from Klein ISD and San Diego USD reveal how they reached consensus between technologists and administrators with a flexible, integrated solution that enables them to:
- provide students with safe access to valuable Web 2.0 resources
- monitor user activity
- ensure users follow Acceptable Use Policies
- detect and eliminate security threats
- ensure school resources are used safely and efficiently
- easily view and share critical information with custom reports
- consolidate and reduce costs while managing different components
Get keys for putting plans, policies and processes in place that foster a safe learning environment. Come armed with questions for our presenters. T.H.E. Journal Editorial Director Geoff Fletcher will lead an interactive Q&A session immediately following the live presentation.
Duration: 1 hour