NetSupport Bumps DNA Helpdesk to 2.7
NetSupport has updated DNA Helpdesk to version 2.7. DNA Helpdesk is a Web-based customer support management system designed specifically for IT professionals in education.
The new 2.7 release adds e-mail integration and support for Active Directory. It also includes a plethora of workflow and interface improvements. Some of the new features include:
- Routing incoming e-mails directly to helpdesk personnel and triggering outgoing e-mails when comments are added to a ticket;
- New user interface;
- AD synchronization, which replaces the previous AD Import function, which allows user details to be updated automatically;
- Addition of a new "publish solution" feature;
- New conditions for the escalation rule;
- Enhanced data fields and multiple levels of ticket types; and
- The ability to save commonly used ticket searches.
NetSupport DNA Helpdesk 2.7 is available now. More information and a trial version are available at the link below.
READ MORE DAILY NEWS
About the author: David Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's online education technology publications, including THE Journal and Campus Technology. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals for articles and tips for news stories, as well as questions and comments about this publication, should be submitted to David Nagel, executive editor, at email@example.com.