About THE Journal
THE Journal is dedicated to informing and educating K-12 senior-level district and school administrators, technologists, and tech-savvy educators within districts, schools, and classrooms to improve and advance the learning process through the use of technology. Launched in 1972, THE Journal was the first magazine to cover education technology.
THE Journal's franchise consists of the monthly print magazine (which is also available in digital format), the web site thejournal.com, six newsletters (District Cloud Computing, K-12 Mobile Classroom, THE News Update, T.H.E. Journal Insider, IT Trends, THE SmartClassroom, and School Security), and targeted list rental opportunities.
With a distribution of 100,000 circulation, T.H.E. Journal is the leading resource for administrative, technical, and academic technology leaders in K-12 education.
THE Journal Electronic Media
THE Journal's Web sites and newsletters provide immediacy of coverage as well as in-depth education technology resources.
- THEJournal.com provides exclusive, online content, with industry news, information and trends in K-12 education technology. Searchable, archived content with browse by topic feature puts information you need at your fingertips.
- THE News Update is a weekly newsletter covering the latest in technology trends, tools, and usage for K-12 instruction and administration. Opinion pieces by leading technology experts and visionaries provide insight on a variety of critical issues. News, announcements, and "need-to-know" statistics give readers a quick look at timely news and events affecting the education community. Published Wednesdays in HTML format.
- THE SmartClassroom is composed of news, new product announcements, grant listings, events, Web sites, and company/industry news for the education community. Published Wednesdays in HTML format.
- School Security is a twice-monthly newsletter covering data and physical security in K-12 schools, as well as new security products and technologies.
- T.H.E. Journal Insider: Twice a month, THE Journal Insider provides education technology leaders with critical insights, analysis, data, and expertise on topics that K-12 administrators, IT managers, and educators need to follow. Covering the latest trends in the technologies that enable 21st century teaching and learning, THE Journal Insider showcases the best resources our print editorial team has to offer. Published 2nd and 4th Tuesdays.
- IT Trends: This T.H.E. Journal eNewsletter is strongly slanted to inform the IT professionals in K-12. Written in HTML and distributed weekly on Thursdays, IT Trends is loaded with news items, an opinion column, resources and product announcements. Stay focused on the trends as they emerge with the IT Trends Newsletter.
- District Cloud Computing: Cloud computing is quickly gaining momentum as a solution to any number of the challenges that face K-12 educators today. District Cloud Computing is a newsletter that supplies IT professionals and others involved in education with the latest on cloud computing, regardless of whether they’re considering making their first move to the cloud or looking for help with implementing some of the solutions already in place.
- K-12 Mobile Classroom: Mobile technology is rapidly transforming society, business, popular culture--and education. T.H.E. Journal’s latest electronic publication, K-12 Mobile Classroom, offers a compendium on all the news, information and insight K-12 educators will need to stay current on the best ways to serve their students and their communities.
To subscribe to any of our newsletters, please visit our newsletters page.