THE Journal is dedicated to informing and educating K-12 senior-level district and school administrators, technologists, and tech-savvy educators within districts, schools, and classrooms to improve and advance the learning process through the use of technology. Launched in 1972, THE Journal was the first magazine to cover education technology.
THE Journal is the leading resource for administrative, technical, and academic technology leaders in K-12 education.
THE Journal Electronic Media
For 2014, THE Journal's publications consist of the monthly digital edition, the site thejournal.com
, six newsletters — 21st Century School (weekly), Common Core Tech Update (monthly), FETC Learning Network (monthly), IT Trends (twice monthly), K-12 Mobile Classroom(monthly) and THE News Update (thrice weekly) — and targeted list rental opportunities.
- THEJournal.com provides exclusive, online content, with industry news, information and trends in K-12 education technology. Searchable, archived content with browse by topic feature puts information you need at your fingertips.
- The monthly digital edition of THE Journal magazine is published in an interactive online format, as well via an app for interactive reading on iPad. THE Journal is the top resource for articles on educational-technology/ed-tech articles for K-12 institutions.
- News Update is an e-mail newsletter distributed three times per week and covers the latest in technology trends, tools, and usage for K-12 instruction and administration. Opinion pieces by leading technology experts and visionaries provide insight on a variety of critical issues. News, announcements, and "need-to-know" statistics give readers a quick look at timely news and events affecting the education community. Published Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in HTML and text formats.
- IT Trends provides features, opinions, news and technical information for IT professionals working in K-12. It's published twice monthly. Topics include networking, wireless, servers and virtualization, data security, big data, cloud computing and much more.
- K-12 Mobile Classroom offers a compendium on all the news, information and insight K-12 educators will need to stay current on the best ways to serve their students and their communities. Published monthly.
- FETC Learning Network is a digital counterpart to the FETC National Conference, the premier forum for bringing education leaders and technology experts together to exchange techniques and strategies for teaching and learning success. Each month, FETC speakers and contributors will share best practices, tech integration tips, thoughts, and practical advice, providing education professionals with year-round insights into the most important trends and topics in education technology.
- Common Core Tech Update is a monthly newsletter designed for educators who want to stay on top of emerging technologies that will help districts successfully implement Common Core. From the latest curriculum apps, to updates regarding online assessment requirements, to technologies that promote 21st century instructional strategies, this monthly newsletter highlights best practices in technology-enabled teaching and learning for the Common Core.
- 21st Century School is a weekly newsletter composed of news, new product announcements, grant listings, events, Web sites, and company/industry news for the education community.
To subscribe to any of our newsletters, please visit our newsletters page.
THE Journal Contacts
For sales and editorial contacts, please visit our contact us page.