Mitsubishi Launches DLP Education Projectors
Mitsubishi has launched two new data projectors for education, the XD280U and XD250U, both of which are designed for long lamp life--up to 6,000 hours.
The XD280U and XD250U are mobile projectors that offer XGA resolution (1,024 x 768) and a contrast ratio of 2,000:1 (on/off). The XD280U sports a brightness of 3,000 lumens, while the XD250U offers a brightness of 2,700 lumens.
Features in common between the two models include:
- A six-segment color wheel;
- 10-watt mono speakers;
- Networking capabilities (RJ-45) with support for centralized control;
- Support for network-wide visual PA broadcasts with up to 350 characters;
- Dual computer inputs (mini D-sub 15-pin) and an HDMI input;
- RCA L/R ports and stereo minijack for audio input with mixing capabilities;
- S-video and composite video support;
- Closed captioning support;
- Built-in security hook;
- Instant power-down; and
- Automatic adjustments for projection surface characteristics.
Both models measure 12.6" x 4.1" x 9.3" and weigh in at 7.3 pounds. Both are available now. The XD250U sells for about $1,050. The XD280U sells for about $1,200. Further information can be found here.