Easiteach Adds Multimedia Recording Options
- By Evan Tassistro
RM Education has released RM Easiteach Next Generation,the latest version of its whiteboard software for interactive K-12 classroom instruction.
Easiteach links a multimedia content bank and lesson activities with any whiteboard, projector, or student response system--or other hardware intended for interactive learning. Free subject-specific lesson updates are available online, and Easiteach World, currently in development, will connect Easiteach users with ideas and content created by other users. Subjects covered include math, science, geography, and languages, among others.
New features in the RM Easiteach Next Generation release include:
- Expanded language support;
- Object manipulation on multi-touch devices;
- Recording of sound and video via external hardware for inclusion on a page or in the media bank;
- Widget sub-applications, such as a periodic table, protractor, clock, calculator, and random item generator;
- Voice read back of text in english and other supported languages;
- New editable template, diagram, and activity content; and
- New numeracy, shape recognition, and language tools with expanded toolbar functionality.
Although previous releases offered a Mac option, RM Easiteach Next Generation is presently a Microsoft Windows-only application. A 30-day trial is available for download.
More information can be found here.
Evan Tassistro is a freelance writer based in San Diego, CA.