Learning Resources | News
Scholastic Platform Delivers Learning Programs for Global Regions
Education publisher Scholastic has introduced Scholastic Learning Zone, a Web platform through which international users can access Scholastic educational programs.
The platform is "now available in Africa, Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East," according to a company statement. The instructional programs offer materials appropriate for the respective regions.
The programs, which are available in English and Spanish, include:
- BookFlix, a Web resource that matches video versions of classic children's picture books with relevant nonfiction e-books;
- TrueFlix, an online tool that aims that help students sharpen literacy and vocabulary skills;
- Grolier Online, a portal housing nonfiction articles and videos;
- The Graph Club, a tool that K-4 students can use to build and work with graphs;
- Timeliner, a software program that allows students to organize data from different sources; and,
- Neighborhood Map Machine, a tool that enables students to build maps.
Scholastic Learning Zone also comes with single sign-on access and tools for classroom management and reporting.
Kanoe Namahoe is online editor for 1105 Media's Education Group. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.