LMS | News
Jeffco Public Schools Selects LoudCloud To Provide Instructional Improvement System
Jeffco Public Schools, the largest district in Colorado, has selected LoudCloud Systems to provide an instructional improvement system (IIS) to help collect and analyze data to improve teacher-student engagement.
Recently, the district has "has invested significantly in technologies and tools to capture teacher-student engagement information," according to information released by the district. The district will use the new system to integrate, streamline, and analyze the data from those tools to identify best practices.
Colorado Department of Education Chief Information Officer Dan Domagala applauded the district for "not only taking bold steps towards Instructional Improvement technology, but for also working with the state and other districts in Colorado to share technical advancements and leverage best practices in education." He added that "Jeffco's trailblazing in this area encourages others to follow suit, ultimately benefitting teachers and students across the state."
The IIS is built around LoudAnalytics, a module from LoudCloud's learning management system designed to track student engagement, identify at-risk learners, and track student outcomes in higher education institutions. Other features of LoudAnalytics include:
- The ability to direct resources in support of institutional goals and learning through a balanced scorecard approach;
- User profiling and predictive analytics;
- Suggestions for relevant interventions, resources, activities, services, and study group composition based on long-term performance tracking;
- An instructional brokering engine designed to match learners to appropriate instructors; and
- The ability to track instructors by class and learner performance.
Jeffco Public Schools Superintendant Cindy Stevenson said, "Technology like this allows our teachers to work smarter and provide real-time instruction to add to student's knowledge in the classroom."
Jeffco Public Schools serves 86,000 students with 12,000 employees at 154 schools.
More information about LoudAnalytics is available at loudcloudsystems.com.
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.