THE Journal is dedicated to informing and educating K-12 senior-level district and school administrators, technologists, and tech-savvy educators within districts, schools, and classrooms to improve and advance the learning process through the use of technology. Launched in 1972, THE Journal was the first magazine to cover education technology.
THE Journal is the leading resource for administrative, technical, and academic technology leaders in K-12 education.
THE Journal Print and Electronic Media
THE Journal's publications consist of the print edition, the site thejournal.com
, a range of newsletters and targeted list rental opportunities.
- THEJournal.com provides exclusive, online content, with industry news, information and trends in K-12 education technology. Searchable, archived content with browse by topic feature puts information you need at your fingertips.
- THE Journal is the flagship print magazine published six times per year and available in a downloadable digital format as well. THE Journal provides analysis of ed tech trends, spotlights education technology leaders and offers insight into best practices for the use of technology in instruction and in support of the academic enterprise.
- News Update is an e-mail newsletter distributed three times per week and covers the latest in technology trends, tools, and usage for K-12 instruction and administration. Opinion pieces by leading technology experts and visionaries provide insight on a variety of critical issues. News, announcements, and "need-to-know" statistics give readers a quick look at timely news and events affecting the education community. Published Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- IT Trends provides features, opinions, news and technical information for IT professionals working in K-12. It's published twice monthly. Topics include networking, wireless, servers and virtualization, data security, big data, cloud computing and much more. Published twice per month.
- K-12 Mobile Classroom offers a compendium on all the news, information and insight K-12 educators will need to stay current on the best ways to serve their students and their communities. Published weekly.
- THE STEAM focuses on the one of the hottest topics in K-12 education right now — STEM and STEM+Arts (STEAM). Each issue highlights the technologies, curriculum tools, trends and best practices that power education in science, technology, engineering, math and the arts. Issues also spotlight exceptional projects and programs taking place in schools across the nation.
- 21st Century School is a weekly newsletter composed of news, new product announcements, grant listings, events, Web sites, and company/industry news for the education community.
To subscribe to any of our newsletters, please visit our newsletters page.
THE Journal Contacts
For sales and editorial contacts, please visit our contact us page.