Social Networking | News
Edgewave Adds Social Media Monitoring to iPrism Web Security
EdgeWave has added iPrism Social Media Security, a service designed to monitor and control social media interactions, to iPrism Web Security 7.1.
Designed to allow access to social networking sites while enforcing acceptable use policies, the new tool works with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Talk, Gmail, Bing and Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Lotus Live, and Lotus Connections.
Features of iPrism Social Media Security include:
- The ability to remove non-compliant material from news feeds, posts, and messages without eliminating appropriate material;
- A policy management interface for configuring policies and monitoring and controlling interactions at the application level;
- Built-in customizable templates;
- Customizable reports; and
- The ability to deliver messages delivered to users within the social application as they post non-compliant material.
"Monitoring student conduct online and in the classroom is an essential part of our responsibility as educators", said Larry Troisi, technology services supervisor for the National School District. "With iPrism Social Media ecurity, EdgeWave has armed us with the necessary tools to thwart important issues, such as cyber-bullying and harassment, that have become commonplace with the adoption of social media applications among students."
iPrism Web Security is an Internet security platform "that includes multilayered protection from threats such as malware, botnets, viruses, spyware, circumvention tools, anonymous browsing, IM, P2P, inappropriate content, and any unwanted Web application," according to information released by EdgeWave.
More information about about iPrism Social Media Security is available at edgewave.com.
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.