Testing and Assessment | News
eInstruction Updates Insight 360
At InfoComm 2012, eInstruction released a new version of its formative instruction system, Insight 360, which now offers improved testing and assessment capabilities and integration with new technologies.
Teachers can use Insight 360 with an interactive whiteboard, such as eInstruction's Mobi 360 device or Mobi 360 for iPad app, to deliver instruction and assessment, while students participate in lessons or answer questions using individual student response systems.
The new version of Insight 360 provides greater flexibility when using the ExamView assessment-and-content software. Teachers can now navigate, deliver, and recalculate their questions from anywhere in the classroom, and they can guide students through exercises one question at a time and review their results more quickly.
According to Eric Rohy, vice president of product management at eInstruction, teachers using ExamView with Insight 360 can take advantage of assessment questions from more than 9,000 textbooks. "The enhancements to the Insight 360 system now enable educators to insert these assessment items seamlessly throughout their instruction in a purely formative manner," said Rohy in a prepared statement.
Key features added to Insight 360 include:
- Ability to share individual ExamView questions with students through the ExamView Reader window;
- Ability to recalculate dynamic questions and assess ExamView tests and question banks individually from anywhere in the classroom through either Mobi 360 or Mobi 360 for iPad;
- Ability to review all ExamView metadata, including the narrative, rationale, and feedback, through the ExamView Reader window;
- Enhanced reporting capabilities for polling and scoring;
- Ability to identify correct and incorrect answers on the on-screen distribution chart;
- Extended integration of Insight 360 with third-party products and content; and
- Ability to minimize CueTags on screen.
Further information about Insight 360 can be found on the eInstruction site.
About the Author
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at [email protected].