Student Data | News
Rediker Integrates Online Gradebook with Student Information System
Rediker Software has released a Web-based gradebook that integrates with Administrator's Plus, its student information system. TeacherPlus Gradebook, available now, allows school districts to monitor student progress in real time.
TeacherPlus Gradebook, designed for elementary through high school, provides grade access to administrators, teachers, parents, and students through the ParentPlus and StudentPlus Web Portals.
Other features include:
- Data collection and reporting tools. Reports include missing work, failing work, assignment/subtotal, class summary, and gradebook spreadsheet/score reports;
- One-click grade updating across Web portals and mobile apps;
- Capability to save gradebook in Excel;
- Student Snapshots, which provides data summaries of student performance through dashboards and graphs;
- Summaries that include scores, attendance record, and a score analysis, which compares individual student results with the rest of the class; and
- Access to individualized education plans (IEPs) and annotations.
In addition, TeacherPlus Gradebook provides user-defined columns and filters; batch options; automatic calculations of averages, medians, and means for the middle and high school grade; and Quick Notes, which allows teachers to add comments associated with a specific grade. Columns can also be designated as private so they are not included in reports, counted in averages, or available for viewing over the Web.
TeacherPlus is currently compatible with Windows and OS X systems. Rediker will add homework assignment posts to parent and student portals, and an iPad app for teachers to input grades and attendance from tablets, according to the company.
For more information, visit rediker.com.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and followed on Twitter @editortim.