BYOD Security | News
Bradford Networks Launches Cloud-Based NAC Service for Schools
Bradford Networks, a provider of secure network access control (NAC) solutions, has launched its new Network Sentry cloud service.
Bradford Networks' NAC solutions are designed to provide secure network access for school-issued and personal mobile devices to help organizations address security concerns related to bring-your-own-device (BYOD) initiatives. According to the company, the Network Sentry cloud service is "the first and only NAC cloud service available today."
Organizations can deploy Network Sentry as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution or as a managed service. Either way, it is hosted by Windstream Hosted Solutions and supported by DecisionOne, and according to the company, organizations can implement it quickly without capital or resource investments.
Key features of the Network Sentry cloud service include:
- All the features of the Network Sentry installed solution;
- Complete visibility and control over wired and wireless network access;
- No requirement for on-site equipment;
- Scalable out-of-band architecture;
- Secure communication between the institution's network and the cloud infrastructure over a VPN connection using perimeter firewalls, intrusion detection systems, network monitoring, and denial-of-service (DoS) protection;
- Privacy, with no network-transmitted data captured or stored in the cloud;
- Multiple deployment options;
- Integration with existing network infrastructure;
- Integration with existing BYOD security, mobile management, and wired or wireless vendor solutions; and
- Compliance with PCI, HIPAA, SOX, and other regulations.
Further information about the Network Sentry cloud service can be found on bradfordnetworks.com.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.