Digital Curriculum | News
Pre-Algebra Intervention TransMath Goes Digital in the Cloud
Voyager Sopris Learning is releasing a digital version of its math program TransMath for students in grades 5-10 meant for introduction into classrooms as early as next fall.
TransMath is an intervention program that features a conceptual approach to building foundational skills and preparing students for algebra. Visual representations help provide real-world applications of mathematics.
The conversion to digital puts all the program’s materials in the Edplicity cloud-based platform, which allows educators to:
- Search TransMath lessons by specific Common Core standard;
- Teach in a combination of print and digital;
- Access, manage, and organize all TransMath content online;
- Upload and store educator-created content and multimedia resources; and
- Leverage social learning features.
"Supporting districts and schools as they make the digital shift is one of our primary goals," said George Logue, president, Voyager Sopris Learning, which makes the program, in a statement. "By digitizing TransMath components, we increase options for instructional delivery and creativity with a wide array of innovative tools available within the Edplicity platform."
Stephen Noonoo is an education technology journalist based in Los Angeles. He is on Twitter @stephenoonoo.