Distance Learning | News
Edgenuity Unveils 10 New Online Courses
Edgenuity has launched 10 new online and blended classes for the 2014-2015 school year.
Courses feature multimedia content, an emphasis on analytical problem-solving skills, assignments and projects, direct instruction, practice assignments, interactive tasks, unit-level assignments and tablet compatibility.
The new courses include:
- Algebra I, a new edition of Edgenuity's mostpopular course ;
- Physical Science, designed to meet the Next Generation Science Standards and focused on concepts in chemistry and physics;
- English Language Arts 9 "invites students to explore both classic and contemporary texts with a focus on literary analysis and inferential evaluation of poetry, drama and literary nonfiction, mastering comprehension and literary-analysis strategies," according to a news release;
- AP World History;
- Computer Applications: Microsoft Office;
- Expository Reading and Writing focuses on critical reading and writing skills using short, complex fiction and poetry;
- Modern World History covers the Enlightenment to the present;
- Medical Terminology "introduces students to the structure of medical terms, medical abbreviations and acronyms," according to information released by the company;
- Microsoft Office Specialist prepares students for the Microsoft Office Specialist certification program; and
- Georgia Studies, which covers Georgia's history from the Paleolithic to the present.
"These new courses complement our current roster of more than 200 semester-long offerings, giving teachers, schools and districts a wide range of options for their online and blended learning programs," said Sari Factor, CEO of Edgenuity, in a prepared statement. "From core curriculum to career and technical education, our focus is on providing engaging, rigorous coursework that will teach students to think critically, problem solve and express their ideas clearly."
Joshua Bolkan is the multimedia editor for Campus Technology and THE Journal. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.