Eduplanet21 Debuts New Professional Learning Platform
Eduplanet21 is launching a new teacher professional development (PD) platform designed to improve PD planning, organization, access to content and collaboration.
Features of the new platform include:
- A "homeroom" that serves as a launch page;
- PD Planner, a tool for organizing, planning and tracking goals. The planner features an administrator section with system-level views of PD and a teacher section for individual tracking;
- Virtual professional learning communities, dubbed "Institutes," focused on a specific topic. Institutes include digital resources, discussion tools and resources for best practices;
- Learning Paths with mixed media modules and lessons designed to allow educators to work together collaboratively or alone and at their own pace; and
- A marketplace with "a rapidly growing network of K12 service agencies, published authors and businesses all dedicated to providing high-quality professional learning," according to a news release.
"The features of the new software were based on user feedback and best practices to create a connected community where educators are able and encouraged to share best practices and ultimately learn together," said Jeff Colosimo, Eduplanet21 CEO, in a prepared statement.
Eduplanet21 will offer access to the platform to select districts for a reduced price January 1-June30. To apply, email email@example.com.
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.