Logitech Intros Portable Videoconferencing for Under $500
Logitech ConferenceCam Connect
Logitech is rolling out the ConferenceCam Connect, a portable all-in-one videoconferencing device that costs less than some office chairs.
The ConferenceCam Connect works with any computing device with a USB connection (including PC, Mac or Chromebook), and is compatible with a wide variety of videoconferencing software, such as Microsoft Lync and Skype, Cisco Jabber and WebEx, Citrix GoToMeeting, Blue Jeans, Google Hangouts, LifeSize, Vidyo, Zoom and more. Windows and Android users can connect their mobile devices for screen-mirror projection through Miracast technology.
Other features include:
- HD 1080p video;
- 360-degree sound with acoustic echo and noise-cancelling technology;
- 90-degree field of view with digital pan and tilt, mechanical tilt control, 4x digital Full HD zoom and ZEISS optics with autofocus;
- Far-end camera control;
- H.264 UVC 1.5 with scalable video coding;
- Bluetooth connectivity, near field communication and a USB port;
- HDMI connector;
- AC power or rechargeable battery with up to 3 hours of videoconference time or 15 hours of speakerphone use;
- Dockable remote control; and
- Kensington security slot.
The ConferenceCam Connect will be available in March 2015 at a suggested price of $499. For more information, visit the Logitech site.
About the author: Rhea Kelly is executive editor for Campus Technology. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.