Sherpa Adds E-Discovery Module to Information Governance Platform
Sherpa Software has added an e-discovery module to its information governance platform, Altitude IG.
"The new module is built specifically for in-house teams to help manage legal hold notification, search and collection for legal discovery
requests, compliance requirements or internal investigations," according to a news release.
Features of the new module include:
- The ability to create and manage multiple matters simultaneously, with custodians added by hand or automatically through Active Directory;
- Legal hold notifications with tracking of dispatch and receipt and the ability to resend multiple holds; and
- The ability to search across multiple data silos, with the option to search by sent or received dates, sender, recipient or content.
Repositories available for search include:
- Microsoft Exchange mailboxes and archives;
- Office 365 mailboxes and archives;
- PST files on user computers;
- Network shares and files on user's desktops and accessible network shares; and
- IBM Connections and Microsoft SharePoint.
"Organizations have recognized the benefits of conducting electronic discovery searches in-house," said Kevin Ogrodnik, president of Sherpa
Software. "Leveraging your internal resources to shrink the number of potentially responsive items significantly decreases costs, the number of
outside counsel consulting hours needed, and minimizes the per-gigabyte hosting fees imposed by many review platforms."
More information is available at sherpasoftware.com.
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at email@example.com.