Networking & Wireless
Aerohive Updates HiveManager with Simplified On-Boarding, Troubleshooting
Aerohive Networks has unveiled a new
version of its cloud-enabled network management system,
HiveManager Next Generation (NG).
The updated HiveManager includes features designed to make it easier to
on-board devices to the network, streamline the user experience and simplify
troubleshooting, according to information from the company. Mobile network
management, provisioning and monitoring is centralized, while maintaining
distributed intelligence within each Aerohive device at the network's edge. The
troubleshooting console has been optimized for the help desk to include
automatic discovery and diagnosis of client issues. And the company claims that
HiveManager NG makes it possible to "completely deploy and configure an entire
enterprise-class network in less than 15 minutes."
Key features of HiveManager NG include:
- Customer self-service sign-up;
- Guided workflow for network policy deployment and interactive on-screen
step-by-step guided configuration help;
- Ability to upload full device configuration;
- Device templates for switches and APs;
- Simplified firmware upgrades with scheduling options;
- Custom rules to detect and monitor applications;
- Time-based firewall and QoS policy;
- Application, network and MAC Layer firewall policy rules;
- 7 days of historical monitoring and reporting data and time range slider
- Savable contextual filters by location, SSID, policy, user profile and
client OS type; and
- Help-desk optimized interface with a simple workflow.
In related Aerohive news, the company has released the new AP130 2x2,
2-stream, 802.11ac access point, which enables schools to upgrade to 802.11ac
without upgrading their existing power-over-Ethernet (PoE) infrastructure.
HiveManager NG is available now. Further information can be found on
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at [email protected].