School Improvement Network Unveils New Teacher Observation Tool
School Improvement Network has launched Edivate Observe, a classroom observation tool designed to help support teacher growth through highly personalized professional development plans.
Launching this month, Edivate Observe will replace School Improvement Network's current observation product, Observation 360.
Features of the new tool include:
- The ability to create personalized PD plans with specific recommendations on the fly or from an existing list of options;
- The ability to create a variety of custom evaluation forms for different framework requirements using Edivate templates and the most common question types, such as rubrics, open ended and multiple choice;
- An integrated "Evidence" feature designed to capture specific instances of classroom behavior;
- A variety of common, predefined reports designed to ease compliance with state and district reporting requirements;
- Centralized management of observation and meeting schedules; and
- Anytime access from any Internet-connected device.
"We've always believed that observations can be more than just compliance activities," said Chet D. Linton, CEO and president of School Improvement Network, in a prepared statement. "With the new emphasis that the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) now places on personalized professional development, observations become a key component in building an individualized growth plan by providing a wonderful opportunity for administrators and educators to come together to assess strengths and to identify opportunities for growth."
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at [email protected].