Learning Management Systems
OnCourse Debuts Cloud Based LMS
OnCourse Systems for Education, a provider of web-based tools for education, has introduced a new learning management system (LMS) for K-12 schools.
OnCourse Classroom is a cloud-based learning management and assessment system with modules
for grading, lesson planning, curriculum, discipline and student
information systems (SIS). According to a news release from the
company, OnCourse Systems for Education believes this new digital
learning environment makes it easier for teachers to personalize
learning for their students, and that the modular system helps school
districts move closer to "the coveted all-in-one system."
Key features of OnCourse Classroom include:
- Secure, cloud-based environment;
- Class collaboration tools;
- Support for distributing differentiated resources;
- Project-based learning paths for individual students, small groups or whole classes;
- Guardian-level access to keep parents informed about student work;
- Tools for authoring and administering interactive formative assessments using technology-enhanced items (TEIs) powered by Learnosity; and
- Support for transferring grades between the LMS and grade books.
Classroom is currently being tested by a group of early adopter
districts for the remainder of the 2015-16 school year, and the system
will be generally available in the summer of 2016. The company will
host webinars introducing the product in May 2016.
Further information about OnCourse Classroom and webinar registration can be found on the OnCourse Systems for Education site.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.