Networking & Wireless
D-Link Debuts 10-Port 10 Gb Ethernet Switch
D-Link has introduced the DXS-1100-10TS, a 10-port, 10 gigabit Ethernet (GbE) managed switch suitable for educational facilities.
DXS-1100-10TS is the company's entry-level smart managed 10 GbE switch
for organizations that want to get started with 10 GbE networking.
According to information on the company's site, the DXS-1100-10TS is
"ideal for use as a network aggregation device, in server farms, or
even for specialized 10-Gigabit to desktop applications." It offers
energy saving features, advanced security and bandwidth control.
Network managers can control the network down to the port level from
remote locations using the Web-based management interface.
Key features of the DXS-1100-10TS include:
- Eight 10GBASE-T copper ports with RJ45 interfaces to 10 gigabit speeds over CAT6a/CAT7 LAN cabling up to 100 meters in distance;
- Backward compatibility with 1000BASE-T for connections to any gigabit device;
- Two 10 gigabit Ethernet fiber ports (SFP+);
- Energy saving features such as smart fans, temperature sensors and sleep mode for inactive ports;
- Client-based utility (D-Link Network Assistant Utility) and web-based management interface;
- Advanced security features such as static MAC, Storm Control and IGMP snooping;
- Support for auto surveillance VLAN (ASV) and auto voice VLAN support; and
- Support for loopback detection and cable diagnostics support.
The DXS-1100-10TS is currently available with a list price of $1,249.99 and a limited lifetime warranty.
Further information about the DXS-1100-10TS can be found on D-Link's site.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at email@example.com.