Pearson Launches aimswebPlus, Schoolnet 18
Pearson has introduced aimswebPlus, a formative assessment, data management and reporting system for grades K-8. The announcement was made at this week's ISTE 2016 conference and expo taking place in Denver, CO.
to information from Pearson, aimswebPlus lets educators "assess student
progress, analyze data, set goals for individual students and observe
growth trends for an entire district — all in one place." The tool
includes both timed curriculum-based measures and untimed
standards-based measures. The curriculum-based measures are designed
for ongoing progress monitoring of foundational skills, and the
standards-based measures are designed to provide more diagnostic
information in preparation for high-stakes tests.
Key features of aimswebPlus include:
- Online assessment delivery for grades 2 and up;
- New summary reports and detailed student and class reports;
- Quick math and reading assessments that provide reports with Lexile reading and Quantile math measures;
- Online test administration and instant progress reporting;
- Updated norms and new measures;
- New untimed, standards-aligned measures; and
- Compatibility with any curriculum.
Further information can be found on the aimswebPlus site.
In related Pearson news, the company has updated its instructional improvement system (IIS), Schoolnet, to version 18.
Key features of Schoolnet 18 include:
- Integration with TestNav Previewer to provide students with a testing experience that mirrors the summative test experience;
- New tools for online testing, including Notepad, Line Reader and Magnifier;
needs profile (PNP) support for every student to automatically load and
track their personal accommodations in online assessments;
- New equation editor with grade-specific functionality; and
- Redesigned instructional material creation progress.
Further information about Schoolnet 18 can be found on Pearson's site.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at email@example.com.