Edmodo Updates Social Networking Platform To Improve Collaboration, Resource Sharing
Edmodo, a social network for schools, has rolled out a collection of updates focused on communication, collaboration and resource sharing and discovery ahead of the beginning of the 2016-2017 school year.
Updates to the platform, which claims more than 65 million users from 370,000 schools around the world, include:
- The ability for users to view Google Drive documents directly in Edmodoand to attach them to assignments and notes;
- The ability for users to sign in to Edmodo with their Google credentials;
- A new "topics" feature that allows teachers to see who else is interested in a topic to begin quickly collaborating with colleagues from around the world;
- Play, a self-guided environment designed to encourage students to answer high-quality questions;
- Group directories for administrators; and
- New tools designed to encourage parental engagement.
Manish Kothari, Edmodo's general manager of platform, said in a prepared statement that the company is "focusing on making communication, collaboration, resource sharing and discovery even simpler and more relevant at a local, regional and global level."
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at email@example.com.