Motivis Learning Launches Learning Relationship Management System
Motivis Learning, a New Hampshire-based ed tech company, is launching a new learning relationship management (LRM) system, which is a next generation, cloud-based software platform for educational institutions.
The Motivis LRM is a holistic learning environment that integrates Motivis’ learning management system (LMS), campus community system, coaching and advising platform and student information functions. Motivis Learning has combined all four systems — typically regarded as isolated ed tech systems — into one seamless platform that is powered by Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM).
“Developing a comprehensive teaching and learning platform for competency-based and other student-centric education models is not a one-size-fits-all proposition,” said Brian Peddle, CEO of Motivis Learning, in a statement. “We spent the past two year working with seven design partners — different higher education institutions who each had their own implementation requirements — to ensure that the new Motivis Learning LRM solution was designed to support multiple models of education, as well as allow for more traditional institutions to experiment with new models without being confined to legacy systems.”
The Motivis Learning LRM system includes the following:
- Student-centric design geared toward transparency around competencies and assessment;
- Flexible curriculum creation for multi-tiered personalized and competency-based programs;
- Educators can create competency and sub-competency collections per program and tie mastery to assignment deliverables;
- Support for multiple roles for a single user; users can be curriculum designers at the same time they are educators or students;
- A gradebook that illustrates a comprehensive view of students’ progress for assignments or toward mastering competencies and performance indicators;
- A social networking tool that allows institutions to create a private branded community for their campus to connect and collaborate;
- A student information bridge where administrators can track every student’s learning journey — from applicant to student to alumni and beyond — from one centralized record.
Motivis Learning’s new platform is designed to address the paradigm shift to competency-based education in the United States market.
“We’re about student success. That’s the core of everything we do,” Peddle said in an interview. “The LRM is a system of many things.”
Motivis Learning is a project born two years ago out of the Innovation Lab at Southern New Hampshire University. It previously was under the umbrella of the nonprofit, online College for America at SNHU.
Some elements of Motivis’ LRM, such as the social networking tool, are free, but the LRM as a whole is not. Prices range from $15 to $22 per student at the collegiate level, and varies on a case by case basis in K–12, Peddle said.
The company hopes to expand its offerings, including the LRM, in the K–12 market, Peddle said.
For more information about Motivis’ new LRM, visit the company’s website.
Richard Chang is associate editor of THE Journal. He can be reached at [email protected].