Nominations Open for 2017 ISTE Awards
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) announced today that nominations are open for its 2017 awards honoring exceptional educators and leaders who are leading the way to connected learning. Each year ISTE’s awards recognize individuals whose exemplary work provides a model for teaching, learning and leading in the digital age.
Nominations are open for the following:
- Award for outstanding leadership: This honor, which goes to a leader outside the classroom, recognizes outstanding achievement and leadership in implementing technology to improve education.
- Award for outstanding teacher: This award recognizes and honors one teacher who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in and understanding of educational technology implementation, who is passionate about teaching, and who has examples of successful lessons.
- Award for outstanding young educator: This award honors a teacher under the age of 35, recognized for demonstrating vision, innovation and action, and using technology to improve learning and teaching.
- Distinguished district award: This award recognizes innovation and equitable and appropriate technology use for all students in a school system with the goal of increasing learning opportunities and improving achievement.
- Award for advocacy: This award recognizes an outstanding and enthusiastic individual for efforts during the past calendar year in advocating for education technology policy at the local, state, regional and/or international level.
- Kay L. Bitter Vision Award: Given in memory of Kay L. Bitter, an early childhood educator for more than 20 years, this award recognizes a pre-K–2 educator whose work has had a significant positive impact on the use of technology in education.
In addition to other prizes, all honorees will receive complimentary registration for ISTE 2017 in San Antonio, as well as a basic, one-year ISTE membership.
ISTE award nominations are reviewed by a committee of ISTE members, staff and/or board members. The deadline for submitting nominations is Feb. 28, 2017. Award recipients will be announced in April.
For more information, visit the ISTE website.