FETC 2017 Coverage
Wahsega Labs to Showcase Drop-in Ceiling Tile Speaker
A manufacturer of VoIP products will be demonstrating its latest intercoms, zone controllers and speaker line this week at the Future of Education Technology (FETC) conference.
According to a news release, Wahsega Labs will offer demos of the potential cost savings when using the 2x2 Ceiling Speakers with InformaCast and SIP, which boast up to 45 percent reduction on installation costs. Additionally, the company claims that the speaker’s design helps reduce IT equipment by 50 percent. It is priced at $449.
The 2x2 Ceiling Speakers with InformaCast and SIP is “a PoE-powered drop-in ceiling tile speaker with InformaCast and SIP dual registration, built-in microphone, sound reinforcement, advanced panic button functionality and door lock relays for classroom safety,” according to the Wahsega Labs website.
Key features include:
- InformaCast and SIP dual registration;
- PoE 802.3af enabled (Power-over-Ethernet);
- Low standby power;
- Built-in microphone and sound reinforcement;
- QR code label for easy MAC address identification;
- Earthquake tabs for added stability;
- Multiple audio codecs to choose from;
- Web-based microphone and speaker volume control;
- Advanced panic button functionality and door lock;
- Fully configurable via simple web pages; and
- Capable of remotely upgrading firmware.
Wahsega Labs will be exhibiting at FETC between Jan. 24 to 27 in booth 812.
Further information is available on the Wahsega Labs website.