Report: Global E-Learning Market to Grow 7.2% Over Next Decade
The global e-learning market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of about 7.2 percent over the next decade to reach approximately $325 billion by 2025, according to a recent report by tech market research firm ReportLinker.
Some of the prominent trends that the market is experiencing include:
- Learning through gaming, which has gained popularity in recent years; Implementation of IT security and cloud-based solutions;
- Rapid growth in online content and digitization;
- Innovations in wearable technologies; and
- Learning management systems (LMS), which are switching over to cloud-based systems.
The ReportLinker report splits the market into two categories based on product: academic e-learning and corporate e-learning. Depending on technology, the market is further segmented into LMS’s, mobile e-learning, application simulation tools, rapid e-learning, podcasts, learning content management systems, virtual classrooms, knowledge management systems and other technologies.
By vendor, the market is classified into service providers and content providers. By end use, the market is segregated into higher education institutions, K–12 schools and other end users.
The study provides historical market data for 2013 and 2014. Revenue estimations are presented for 2015, and forecasts from 2016 through 2025.
The study focuses on market trends, leading players, supply chain trends, technological innovations, key developments and future strategies. Some of the leading companies include Adobe Systems, Blackboard, Cisco Systems, Citrix, McGraw-Hill, Microsoft, Oracle, Pearson and Schoology.
The market data is gathered from extensive primary interviews and secondary research, ReportLinker said. The market size is calculated based on the revenue generated through sales from all the given segments and sub-segments in the research scope.
The report provides data tables, including charts and graphs for visual analysis. Some other highlights include:
- A detailed analysis on current and future market trends to identify the investment opportunities;
- Market forecasts until 2025, using estimated market values as the base numbers;
- Key market trends across business segments, regions and countries;
- Market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities and other trends;
- In-depth company profiles of key players and upcoming prominent players;
- Growth prospects among the emerging nations through 2025; and
- Market opportunities and recommendations for new investments.
The report is priced at $4,200 for one-use license. For more information and a table of contents, visit this ReportLinker site.