STEMscopes Update Improves Accessibility, Adds Games
Accelerate Learning has updated its digital science curriculum, STEMscopes, in an effort to improve engagement, increase accessibility and more.
The company partnered with Filament Games to add games targeted to students in grades 3-8 to supplement lessons in STEMscopes NGSS and custom state editions. Other new features include:
- Master assignment view, which allows teachers to see multiple classes on one screen;
- The ability to search for standards by lesson in the assessment bank tool;
- New scope and sequence documents;
- The ability to turn on closed captioning for videos;
- The ability to change the size or type of text;
- The option to change the speed of text-to-speech;
- The option to have text highlighted as it is read aloud via the text-to-speech feature; and
- Additional lesson planning resources.
"We work closely with teachers to ensure that STEMscopes provides them with all the tools they need to accelerate student learning in science. In fact, many of theses current updates were made in direct response to teacher suggestions," said Vernon Johnson, CEO of Accelerate Learning. "By continually updating and improving our curriculum and tools, we are helping teachers continually improve their practice and success in teaching the STEM subjects."
For more information visit acceleratelearning.com.
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at email@example.com.