Presentation & Display
NEC Unveils Infinity Board for Collaboration
- By Dian Schaffhauser
NEC Display Solutions has introduced a new collaboration tool intended to include everything needed to set up collaboration among multiple locations. Infinity Board includes hardware and software to "elevate" the interactive meeting experience.
The system includes several components:
- A NEC UHD touchscreen display;
- A one-year subscription to Mosaic Hub, an application that combines videoconferencing, messaging, whiteboarding and wireless sharing functionality;
- A Huddly camera with a 120-degree viewing angle for videoconferencing;
- 40-watt conference speakers;
- An Intel OPS slot-in PC running Windows 10, which lets users to run business applications during the collaboration process; and
- A passive stylus pen (it works by being in contact with the screen).
Using the Mosaic software, the setup enables display-to-display connections as well as display-to-device and device-to-display interaction. Users can communicate with each other via video and share whiteboard content with connecting mobile devices for wireless transmission to the shared whiteboard.
The system is available now with 55-inch, 75-inch and 86-inch screen sizes. A 65-inch format will be available early in 2019. For more information, go to the NEC site.
Dian Schaffhauser is a senior contributing editor for 1105 Media's education publications THE Journal and Campus Technology. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @schaffhauser.