Learning Resources | News
SoftChalk Updates Create with E-Book Builder
SoftChalk has launched the latest version of its content authoring tool, Create 9, with a new e-book builder tool and other new features.
The e-book builder, currently a beta feature, allows teachers to turn their SoftChalk lessons into interactive e-books for use on iPads and Chromebooks.
Other features new to this version include:
- Frame-free lessons and HTML5-compatible content for improved accessibility;
- The ability for students to view content through the Chrome browser;
- The ability to use Google Analytics to see how much students are using lessons;
- A new layout that automatically resizes for different screens; and
- New media libraries, including Khan Academy and Getty Images, for adding material to lessons.
"Create 9 is available immediately for SoftChalk Cloud users, and will be released for SoftChalk Create Desktop users in the coming weeks," according to a news release.
More information about Create 9 is available at softchalk.com.
Joshua Bolkan is the multimedia editor for Campus Technology and THE Journal. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.