GTCO Launches Interwrite Learning
01.24.2007—GTCO CalComp is unveiling a new company today at the FETC convention in Florida. The new company, InterWrite Learning, will handle GTCO's InterWrite product line and will also develop new learning tools. The first of these is also being launched today: InterWrite Virtual PRS.
The new Interwrite Virtual PRS student-response software is designed for use with networked computers or Windows-based PDAs in a classroom "with or without the Interwrite PRS RF clickers," according to InterWrite. It operates as a virtual clicker on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux systems and Windows-based PDAs with integrated WiFi. This allows computers and PDAs to operate alongside PRS systems without the need for a PRS clicker.
Aside from this new software, InterWrite is also now handling the entire InterWrite product line. These include:
- Interwrite Workspace Software (formerly InterWrite Software), used with the Interwrite Board, Pad and Panel, available in the second quarter;
- Interwrite Board (formerly InterWrite SchoolBoard), an interactive whiteboard;
- Interwrite Pad (formerly InterWrite SchoolPad), a Bluetooth wireless pad for the interactive classroom;
- Interwrite Panel (formerly InterWrite iPanel), a combo LCD monitor and pen-input device; and
- Interwrite PRS, a student response and assessment system.
Interwrite also offers professional development for the use of its interactive technologies in the classroom. The company is sowing off its tools (and new identity) at the FETC show in Florida this week at booth 256.
About the author: Dave Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's educational technology online publications and electronic newsletters. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have any additional questions? Want to share your story? Want to pass along a news tip? Contact Dave Nagel, executive editor, at email@example.com.