Lumens Ships Cross Platform Visual Presenter
Lumens Integration has begun shipping a new model in its Ladybug line of classroom visual presenters/document cameras, one with a 14" x 11" capture area and 6x optical zoom.
The new Lumens DC166 is an SXGA-resolution document camera (1,280 x 1,024) that captures at 20 frames per second in normal mode and 30 frames per second in "special" mode. The USB 2.0 device supports stand-alone recording to flash media and internal memory for storing up to 120 JPEG images.
Other features include:
- Cross-platform support, along with WIA and TWAIN support for integration with interactive whiteboards;
- 4x digital zoom in addition to 6x optical zoom;
- Annotation software for Mac OS X and Windows;
- Support for recording directly to a computer;
- VGA in with active passthrough from the computer;
- VGA out to the projector;
- Automatic focus, exposure, and white balance;
- Split screen;
- Various image modes;
- Dynamic noise reduction; and
- Image rotation up to 270 degrees.
The Lumens DC166 is available now for $799. It supports Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux systems. Further information can be found here.
Executive Producer David Nagel heads up the editorial department for 1105 Media's education publications — which include two daily sites, a variety of newsletters and two monthly digital magazines covering technology in both K-12 and higher education.
A 21-year publishing veteran, Nagel has led or contributed to dozens of technology, art and business publications.
He can be reached at email@example.com. You can also connect with him on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/profile/view?id=10390192 or follow him on Twitter at @THEJournalDave (K-12) or @CampusTechDave (higher education). A selection of David Nagel's articles can be found on this site.