Student Information Systems | News
Campbell County Schools Selects New Web-Based Student Information System
Campbell County Schools in Rustburg, VA will implement a new Web-based student information system (SIS) to help reduce the workload for staff and make it easier to access the data required for informed decision making.
In its search for a new SIS, the district was looking for a comprehensive, easy to use tool for data analysis, state and federal reporting, communications, and classroom data management. The district also wanted something that was integrated with other products to reduce data entry time, and that was customizable. Following a review process involving stakeholders from throughout the district, they selected Infinite Campus.
Infinite Campus is a fully integrated, Web-based SIS. According to Michael Palmer, regional sales manager for Infinite Campus, the SIS will enable the district to eliminate third-party systems, improve staff efficiency, and increase communication with parents and students.
Key features of Infinite Campus include:
- Administrative tools for managing students and education processes;
- Communication tools for parents, students, teachers, and staff;
- Curriculum planning and management tools for setting standards, managing courses, and scheduling;
- Classroom management and assessment tools;
- Reporting tools for locating, formatting, printing, extracting, and analyzing real-time data; and
- School services tools for managing daily operations.
"Infinite Campus has one, centralized system that will lower our overall software costs," said Matt Carroll, database administrator for Campbell County Public Schools, in a prepared statement. "The ability to offer our stakeholders all the information they need from a single source in real time is crucial."
The district plans to complete the implementation and go live on August 1, 2013 in preparation for the upcoming school year.
Further information about Infinite Campus can be found at infinitecampus.com.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at email@example.com.