InfoSource Updates Electronic Learning Solutions
11.16.2006—InfoSource Learning has released updates to its How To Master Content Authoring Tool (CAT). CAT is an authoring system for the creation of online learning and testing content. The company has also released CATpro, an enhanced version of the authoring tool.
CAT is designed for building custom, Web-based e-learning solutions. The newest version, according to InfoSource, has been updated with improvements to its interface and functionality.
InfoSource also says that it's released a new version of CAT, called CATpro. The new release offers a variety of additional capabilities over the standard CAT functionality, including:
- A new one-click preview option;
- The ability to insert and resize objects during lessons;
- The ability to print lesson pages;
- Repositioning of navigation controls;
- Support for copying content from previously published lessons; and
- Integration of movies, Flash presentations, text, graphics, audio, hotspots and object behaviors.
The new version supports up to 40 objects per lesson page. Learning templates are also available for designing lessons.
:: READ MORE DAILY NEWS ::
About the author: Dave Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's educational technology online publications and electronic newsletters. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have any additional questions? Want to share your story? Want to pass along a news tip? Contact Dave Nagel, executive editor, at email@example.com.