Mitsubishi Ships 3 New Projectors
12.19.2006—Mitsubishi today announced three new digital projectors in its lineup—two high-end LCD models and one entry-level DLP projector. Al of the new models are available now.
On the high-end side, Mitsubishi has rolled out its $5,995 XL650U, a three-panel (0.8-inch) LCD projector boasting a brightness of 4,200 ANSI lumens. The XL650U model uses Mitsubishi's new inorganic LCD panels, which are designed to last longer than previous-generation LCD panels and offer more durability and more color consistency.
The XL650U offers a resolution of 1,024 x 768 and a contrast ratio of 600:1. It weighs in at 10.4 pounds. Inputs include: component video; SCART (RGB + 1V sync); PC; two mini D-Sub 15-pin connectors; DVI-D (with HDCP); two stereo mini jacks; composite video; S-video; two RCA audio jacks; and a USB port for a mouse.
Other features include:
- A side-loading lamp for easier bulb replacement;
- Network management features, such as the embedded ProjectorView and RJ45 connectivity for LAN asset management control of up to 200 projectors;
- An anti-theft security anchor.
Also shipping today is the company's XL550U. It offers a brightness of 3,100 ANSI lumens, a resolution of 1,024 x 768 and a contrast ratio of 400:1. Connectivity is the same as the XL650U, except the XL550U does not include component inputs. The XL550U is available now for $4,995.
On the lower end of the projector spectrum, Mitsubishi has also debuted its SD105U, an SVGA (800 x 600 resolution) single-chip DLP-based projector. It offers a contrast ratio of 1,800:1 and a brightness of 1,600 ANSI lumens. Other features include:
- A filter-free design, which can eliminate problems associated with filters, such as clogging, which can lead to shorter lamp life;
- A 4,000-hour lamp (in "low" mode);
- RS232 communications;
- "Full integration" with interactive white board systems;
- Security features, such as built-in menu locks controlled by passwords and an anti-theft anchor.
The SD105U includes the following inputs: Mini D-sub 15-pin; composite video, S-video, one stereo minijack. The new model is available now for $599.
:: READ MORE DAILY NEWS ::
About the author: Dave Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's educational technology online publications and electronic newsletters. He can be reached at [email protected].
Have any additional questions? Want to share your story? Want to pass along a news tip? Contact Dave Nagel, executive editor, at [email protected].